Lesson 4 - Your Response
1. What is the Good News (Gospel) that we should share? 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 That Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again, just as He had promised.
2. What power does the Gospel possess? Romans 1:16 The power to save from sin all who believe.
3. What are three things an effective witness for Christ must have?
(a) Matthew 5:16 — A righteous life.
(b) Acts 1:8 — Power from the Holy Spirit.
(c) 1 Peter 1:22-23 — A firsthand experience of God's love and forgiveness.
4. Review Lesson 3 on witnessing and briefly explain the "Bridge to Life" illustration. God loves us and has a plan for our lives. Because of sin, we are separated from God. God sent Jesus to be our bridge back to Him. To find our way back, we must receive Jesus as Savior and Lord.
5. Once a person is convinced of his or her sin and need of a Savior, what should that person do?
(a) Acts 3:19 — Repent and turn to God.
(b) John 10:9 — Receive salvation through Jesus.
(c) John 1:12 — Receive Jesus and become God's child.
6. When a person believes in Jesus Christ, what can he or she now say with assurance? John 3:16 That he or she has eternal life.