Lesson 2 - Your Response
1. Turn to the following passages in John's gospel, and briefly summarize the statements Jesus made about Himself.
(a) John 6:35 — He is the Bread of Life.
(b) John 8:12 — He is the Light of the World.
(c) John 10:9 — He is the Gate (or the Door).
(d) John 11:25-26 — He is the Resurrection and the Life.
2. What does Jesus promise if you keep His commandments? John 14:21 He will love me and show Himself to me.
3. What further help is promised in John 14:26? The Holy Spirit will be my teacher.
4. What does Jesus ask you to do in John 13:34-35, and why?
(a) What does He ask you to do? v. 34 — Love one another.
(b) Why? v. 35 — So others will know that I am His disciple.
5. Read John 21:1-6. Describe what happened in verses 3 and 6.
(a) v. 3 — The disciples went fishing and caught nothing.
(b) v. 6 — They obeyed Jesus and caught many fish.
(c) What important lesson can you learn from these verses?
That I should always obey Him in all things. (d) What similar truth is taught in John 15:5?
To have a fruitful life I must abide in Him.
6. As a believer, what is now your privilege? John 16:24 To pray to God in the name of Jesus, which will help me find fullness of joy.
7. As you grow in Christ, your faith and confidence will increase, and you will pray with greater assurance. What are you promised in John 15:16? A fruitful life and answers to my prayers.