Lesson 1 - Your Response
Suggested Answers1. What did Jesus come into the world to do? John 1:29
To take away the world's sins.
2. How did Jesus take away the sins of the world? John 19:16-18
He died, thus paying the penalty for our sins.
3. God loved the world and gave His Son to die on the cross. John 3:16 tells how we can personally benefit from what God has done.
(a) Fill in your first name in each of the following blank spaces: "For God loved [your name] so much that He gave His only Son (Jesus) so that if [your name] believes in Him, [your name] will not perish (pay the penalty for sin), but [your name] will have eternal life."
(b) Physical life will end someday, but the life, which God wants to give each one of us, is eternal life—it will never end. What must you do to have eternal life? John 3:16
Believe in Jesus.
4. What new relationship do you now enjoy by believing in Christ? John 1:12
I am a child of God.
5. What happens to those who do not believe in Christ?
(a) John 3:18 — They are tried and condemned.
(b) John 3:36 — They will not see life.
6. Eternal life is not obtained by being religious, keeping a set of rules, or doing good works, but by believing in a person, Jesus Christ. What does Jesus say in John 11:25-26?
Believing in Jesus Christ means life forever.
7. What happens the moment you believe in Christ? John 5:24
I pass from death to life.
8. Now, review your answers and state briefly how you know that your sins are forgiven and that you have eternal life: