Lesson 4 - Your Response
A witness in a courtroom tells what he or she knows about a given situation. The Christian witness tells others what he or she knows about Jesus Christ and what it means to personally trust Him.
1. What is the Good News (Gospel) that we should share? 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
2. What power does the Gospel possess? Romans 1:16
3. What are three things an effective witness for Christ must have?
(a) Matthew 5:16
(b) Acts 1:8
(c) 1 Peter 1:22-23
4. Review Lesson 3 on witnessing and briefly explain the "Bridge to Life" illustration.
5. Once a person is convinced of his or her sin and need of a Savior, what should that person do?
(a) Acts 3:19
(b) John 10:9
(c) John 1:12
6. When a person believes in Jesus Christ, what can he or she now say with assurance? John 3:16
Memorize these verses for Lesson 4.
Telling Others about Christ: "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." —Acts 1:8
"'Come, follow me,' Jesus said, 'and I will make you fishers of men.'" —Matthew 4:19