Help Japan in the Wake of Disaster
March 17, 2011 - The crisis-stricken people of Japan have countless needs. No one person can meet all needs, but many of us coming together can shed a ray of light in a dark, seemingly hopeless situation.
Pray for God’s peace to comfort the people of Japan.
The Billy Graham World Emergency Fund
Japan provides disaster relief support, prayer and hope to those affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. By supporting the World Emergency Fund, you can help bring aid during emergencies and be a testament to how “He will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help” (Psalm 72:12, NIV).
Donate today »
Samaritan’s Purse: Japan Relief
Samaritan’s Purse is delivering emergency relief supplies, including heavy-duty plastic shelter materials, blankets, water, hygiene items, and first aid kits, to survivors of the devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan's northeastern coast.
Donate today »
Here are some ways you can pray for the peace, recovery and provision of the earthquake victims:
- Pray that Japan’s military will be able to assist the team from Samaritan’s Purse and BGEA transport 93 tons of supplies that will arrive Saturday from the airlift.
- Pray for the Samaritan’s Purse team currently on the ground.
- Pray for Franklin Graham as he seeks God’s wisdom in other ways for BGEA and Samaritan’s Purse to be involved.
- Pray for continued favor with Japanese government officials.
- Pray for much-needed fuel for trucks.
- Pray for everyone involved—from victims to relief workers to government officials—for protection from radiation and nuclear threat.
- Pray for God’s peace to comfort the people of Japan.
- Pray that people will come to see God’s love in spite of their suffering and in the midst of their suffering.