Pray for the Festival de Esperanza in Bogotá
August 27-29, 2009
August 11, 2009 - On the heels of the Rock the River Tour, Franklin Graham travels to Bogotá, Colombia, to share the Good News of salvation at the Festival de Esperanza, this Thursday through Saturday.
This is the first time in 25 years that this city has had an all-out, citywide evangelistic crusade.
Five years ago, the BGEA took the My Hope World Evangelism Through Television project to Colombia. More than 6,000 churches worked with the BGEA to train several hundred thousand Christian families, and those families invited unsaved friends into their homes to watch the My Hope broadcasts.
After the program, hosts shared their own testimony of the lasting hope found in Jesus Christ. And, as a result, Colombian churches reported at least 700,000 decisions for Christ.
Now the churches have invited Franklin Graham to proclaim the Gospel in a public stadium in the capital city.
- Pray for the many thousands of Colombian Christians who right now are inviting unsaved loved ones and friends to attend. Ask God to bring a great harvest in Bogotá and great rejoicing in Heaven.
- Pray for strength and wisdom for the BGEA Latin American team, and the local leadership and staff during the final week of preparation.
- Please pray for the Bearers of Hope visitation strategy through which women will go block by block throughout the city of Bogotá distributing evangelistic materials and Festival invitations.
- Please pray for Saturation Evangelism for youth: These young people will distribute Festival invitations at strategic locations throughout Bogotá.
- Pray that all the equipment that will be taken into Bogotá will have no problems getting through customs.
- Please pray for the local fundraising process and the ability to overcome any financial challenges.
- Pray that Operation Andrew will be used by God to bring many new people to the Festival to hear the Gospel.
- Pray that God would prepare Franklin Graham and the platform team as they prepare to preach the Gospel.