The Life of a Servant
May 1, 2009
The Attitude of a Faithful Servant
- Philippians 2:5-11 tells us that our attitude should be like the attitude of Jesus, who humbled Himself and took on the nature of a servant.
- Romans 14:17-19 teaches that the Kingdom of God is a matter of “righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God” (NIV).
- First Corinthians 10:31 tells us that no matter what we do, we are to do everything to the glory of God. )
- The Apostle Paul wrote that his supreme motivation was to know Christ and to be found in Him. See Philippians 3:2-11.
- Jesus taught that the greatest commandment is to “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind,” and the second-greatest is to “love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:37, 39, NIV).
- In the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus instructed His followers to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them and teaching them to obey everything Jesus commanded.
- Luke 12:37-38 tells us, amazingly, that for those servants who are found watching and ready when the Master returns, He will come, seat them at the table and wait on them.
- The New Testament speaks again and again about the reward of those who follow Jesus. In the final chapter of the Bible, Jesus says, “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done” (Revelation 22:22, NIV).
The Motivation of a Faithful Servant
The Work of a Faithful Servant
The Reward of a Faithful Servant